Models: Scenic 2, all models
Symptom: Handbrake warning lights on/loss of communication
Cause: Water ingress via various entry points
Fix: Removal of block connector, repair wiring and rectify water ingress
- Attempt to establish communication with parking brake ECU using the AssistPlus
- If no communications are established, then remove n/s/f seat/trims/carpets to access fuse box under floor (Renault designation 1531) and check main 25-amp parking brake fuse (fuse position no.1).
- If the fuse is okay, inspect connector block R2. There are two parts to this connector, one green and one blue. The connector is located next to the fuse box.
- If R2 connectors are damaged, obtain wiring diagram for said circuit. Note: colours change through the block plug, and the Renault wiring diagram does not show the complete block plug, only specific circuits running through it.
- If the cause of the fault is water ingress, strip out the interior and locate cause of the leak. Carry out appropriate rectification.
- Remove block plug R2, and damaged wiring and repair using soldered crimp connectors at stepped intervals along the loom.
- Test affected circuits and carry out systems/communications check using the AssistPlus. Clear any stored fault codes.